July 19, 2012

The Good Side of Apricot: Coral

Sorry for the absence, not sure if anyone noticed or not but got distracted there for a while, but now I am back!

So the debate is on at the moment as to what to call this most stunning, bright, fresh, feminine colour that is gracing everything from our interiors to fashion.  My argument is that even though you want to say ‘Apricot’ and truly it is, it is a dirty word after the 90’s and conjures images of apricot layered rooms with matching walls, carpet and small floral printed bedspreads with ruffled skirts and pillow shams, yuk!



I think Coral is a much more fitting name for this revised shade, and is definitely the good side of Apricot!
This is the pista resistance! Coral and crisp white, cute bedhead, chinoisserie fabric and that cute scollop detail on the pillows, awesome!

Pinned Image
Very cute bedhead, love the shape and the contrast piping and buttoning detail! Would love to see if with more statement bedsides and maybe a larger bed end ottoman to achor it against the rug?

Love the coral matelasse bedspread and the little piping detail on the doona, nice little touches.
Pinned Image
I love this image, I would crop it just over the seat with the artwork behind and a little of the drape, not loving the rug but think the rest is sensational, even the cute little cut fringe on the scatters!
So I might just be on the borderline of coral and tangerine but I do love this paired back with the black and grey!
I do love a detailed cabinet and this is the perfect tie in for me, it's all in the details!
Could you get a more awesome image? Indigo blue wall, absolutley striking with the chinoiserie chair and the coral drape and that great flamestitch carpet!


 
What’s the verdict, apricot or coral? For more ways to incorporate coral into your interior check out my Pinterest page http://pinterest.com/bobbinscissors/the-good-side-coral/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...